A blog (short for weblog) is a notebook, an online journal that allows a user to publish his opinion daily on the internet or comment on the news about a subject that interests him. This type of site is an instant success since several months and not only in adolescents because most politicians have them. Millions of blogs have been opened for example in Skyblog, Blogger, WordPress… Blogs can be on all subjects: politics, people, news… However, you should be careful of what you say on a blog, college students have been excluded from their school because they had put pictures of their teachers with insulting comments.
What is the difference between a weblog and a website?
A website is a group of web pages hyperlinked and published on the internet. In the typology of websites, we have websites and blogs which are also websites, but of a particular type. But how to distinguish them?
The author of the blog post articles that appear in chronological order, newest to the top. It is this structuring of the blog around the time of publication that can archive chronological posts. Each new post is, like a diary or a journal, an addition to the blog. The blogger (who runs the blog) will often issue a textual content, enriched with hyperlinks and multimedia elements such as video or audio tapes, in which each reader can usually make comments.
Blogs are dynamic, you will often find RSS Feed on these online magazine. If you wish, you may think that a blog is like an online newspaper or magazine but more personal. Blogs can be personal or dedicated to companies. For example: CNN, The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times are famous blog, but Wikipedia, Google and Facebook are famous websites. Some examples of categories of weblogs:
- The travel blog
- The Photo-Blog
- The political blog
- The blog of news
- The logbook
- The Passion Blog
- The Resume Blog
What is a collaborative blog?
A blog is generally published by one person, but you can find collaborative blogs. In this case, anyone can post information. There is often a moderation system to select the articles that appear on the front page.
Blogs have emerged early but have really grown recently by absorbing its audience from the huge leap forward in Internet connectivity around the world and the disaffection of other media unless used as Usenet on the one hand and the abandonment of the complexity of other personal sites.
The first blogs appeared in Canada in the late 1990s, counting among his followers bloggers like Jason Kottke, Tristan Louis, Meg Hourihan, Matt Haughey. Their blog was presented in the form of a diary listing the web pages (using a list of hyperlinks) that the author had found interesting with comments. The blogs were used from the beginning to present such content. Moreover, this type is still popular today in the blogosphere.
Structure of the article
Each ticket always has several elements:
- A title, which must be explicit, because it will be picked up by RSS, or marking and humorous.
- The body of the post: the article itself and its content.
- A single hyperlink to the item (the permalink), very useful for other bloggers linking to your article. These bloggers are automatically inserted in your article.
- The date and time of online publication.
- The comments, it is the reaction of the reader.
- The Trackback, or the list of sites that have a link to this post. You can disable or moderate trackback function to avoid unwanted links (and thus avoid finding such a link to an article of your blog on a site with a pornographic nature…).
- Categories (or tags) which treats the subject of the ticket. This is essential for a good SEO (search engine optimization) for your ticket, especially in the search engines.
A new way to blog emerged with the creation of Twitter, a site to post tweets, that is to say short texts of up to 140 characters. Twitter has the advantage of being accessible to a larger number of people.
The micro-blogging focuses on the lives of people or the news of the companies. This new form of dissemination of information has relayed newspapers in second place.