Having a well-designed website will definitely help in terms of popularity and branding; but what exactly makes a website stand out and generate sales from its visitors? Here are 5 tips that you can use when designing your next successful website.
- Add Images. Adding images to your pages can do wonders for your site. A picture can help to convince a user to take action, as it encourages a certain emotion or mind-set in an individual. Remember to be audience specific and choose images that will blend in perfectly with your content and appeals to your target market.
- Limit the Possibilities. Try not to offer too many solutions, as this can contribute to confusion on the reader’s part. You need a straight forward solution that appeals to them, instead of making them doubt whether or not they are choosing the right item or product. If you make the choice easy, the action becomes easy as well.
- Show Your Products. As unbelievable as it sounds, many websites still don’t show images of their products or their achieved results if it’s a service. They are losing out; potential customers want to see what they are getting or what results they can expect to achieve. If you are a design company, why not show your portfolio or design samples? A picture can definitely say a thousand words.
- Offer a Trial Period. Often, your visitors want to have a feel for your service or product, so offer a trial version if possible. It’s much easier to convince a user to continue with a service by signing up, than it is to get a completely new visitor to buy your product. Trial users are “hot” leads since they have already shown interest in what you have to offer.
- Make Your Site User Friendly. Not all users are advanced, so keep this in mind. Keep it as simple as possible, and allow them to navigate where they want to be without any hassles. Usability is one of the major aspects in your website’s success so make sure that this is your top priority when you design your site. Once your site has launched, make continuous changes and always strive to improve on your current website. Your users will definitely appreciate that.
Use these tips to create a winning website that will not only read well, but sell well. You will see your profits increase in no time and have a long list of happy and returning customers, while growing your business and expanding your market reach. If you are not sure how to do this on your own, make sure that you consult with a professional team that can guide you towards success.